Celebrity chef opens Stansted outlet

first_imgThe first-ever bakery and food-to-go site for celebrity chef James Martin has opened in Stansted airport. The brand launched by SSP in partnership with the chef is named James Martin Kitchen, and offers ‘a premium bakery’ offering to flyers. All bakery products are freshly prepared on site.Martin said: “I am extremely excited to add James Martin Kitchen into the mix at one of the UK’s busiest airports. Having collaborated with many of Britain’s greatest and smallest food suppliers, passengers will experience a menu of ‘proper British food’, and the fresh flavours and produce will speak for itself.“Working with SSP was truly rewarding and helped bring James Martin Kitchen to reality. As a leading F&B operator in the food travel sector, they continuously had the customer in mind, so I know James Martin Kitchen is tailored specifically for its audience at Stansted.”The bakery will sell products such as Salted caramel chocolate brownie, Humming bird cake and Maryland butter waffles with bacon and maple syrup.Simon Smith, chief executive of SSP UK and Ireland, said: “It is a pleasure to collaborate with Stansted Airport and to bring a contemporary, innovative and exciting new menu to its passengers. James Martin Kitchen is a unique concept and will offer the very best of fresh local produce.”The new outlet is part of a seven-year £135 million contract awarded to SSP UK by Manchester Airports Group, as part of the airport’s new £80m terminal transformation. James Martin Kitchen will join Starbucks, Burger King, M&S Simply Food, and soon-to-open bar Cabin.Martin first appeared on Ready Steady Cook in 1996, and has since featured as a celebrity chef.SSP currently operates brands such as Upper Crust, Delice de France and Millie’s Cookies.last_img read more

Read more →

Serena Williams: Young boys need domestic abuse education

first_imgClippers come out of NBA Draft 1st round with new-look backcourt Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Cloudy skies over Luzon due to amihan She also spoke about her father, Richard Williams, and his upcoming induction into the American Tennis Association’s Hall of Fame. Williams coached Serena and her fellow champion sister, Venus, from when they were children until they were winning titles as adults.“That’s really wonderful and I know he is really excited about that and I am, too,” she said. “I was just with him yesterday and we talked about it. It was great.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments Williams says being the mother of an infant daughter makes the issue more important to her.“This could be something that my daughter could face and that’s not cool,” she said at a Purple Purse event. “I want her to know that she can always talk to me, and talk to other people. That maybe she doesn’t have a voice, maybe she can’t use her voice, but we can be her voice, we can support her in so many different ways,” Williams said.Williams was pregnant with 9-month-old Olympia Ohanian when she won the Australian Open in January 2017. She returned to Grand Slam play last month at the French Open but had to withdraw after reaching the fourth round due to a pectoral chest injury.Williams says she anticipates being healthy for next month’s Wimbledon tournament.“Oh that’s a plan, absolutely, absolutely, and I’ve been working toward it,” she said.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ “I think expanding the conversation to men and expanding the conversation to young boys, it’s so important,” she said in an interview on Wednesday.“This is a human rights issue. We should all be treated the same. We should be treated equal. With domestic abuse, it doesn’t care what color you are, what background you’re from,” she continued.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown“It’s important to get the message out there — to our young men, to our boys, to our daughters — to let that new generation, and let the generation now know that, let’s stop this. Let’s change this. Let’s create a better us.”The 23-time Grand Slam singles champion is the ambassador for the Allstate Foundation Purple Purse initiative, which aims to help stop domestic abuse and what it calls the financial abuse that can accompany such relationships. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Christopher Tolkien, son of Lord of the Rings author, dies aged 95 Bicol riders extend help to Taal evacuees Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Harvey Weinstein rape trial MOST READ Professional tennis player Serena Williams appears at an event to launch a national street art campaign with Allstate Foundation Purple Purse to make domestic violence and financial abuse visible, at TicTail Market on Wednesday, June 20, 2018, in New York. (Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision/AP)NEW YORK — Serena Williams says the conversation about stopping domestic abuse shouldn’t just center around women, but men as well.The tennis superstar says education about domestic abuse should start when men are young boys.ADVERTISEMENT Taal victims get help from Kalayaan town Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player awardlast_img read more

Read more →

Darts youth competition on today

first_imgPrior to the return of local dart players from what can be deemed Guyana’s most successful Americas and Caribbean Cup Championship tournament (held from July 6-16 in Trinidad and Tobago), the team have been able to identify a few key areas in the darting world that they are hoping to improve.The successful team at this year’s tournamentThe Darts Association of Guyana has noticed that there is an urgent need to have the youths actively involved in darts which is not widely recognised throughout the country. As such, Guyana’s contingent for the tournament has lacked youth participation for the past two tournaments.However, after gaining confidence from their numerous successes, dart player Sudesh  Fitzgerald in collaboration with the Guyana Darts Association will be hosting an inaugural  Youth Challenge today (Friday, August 3 2018) at the Malteenoes Sports Complex,  Thomas lands.  This tournament will commence at 18:00h and it is open to both males and females with two categories, Under-15 and Under-18.The registration process will be free for all the youth participants and a set of darts will be given to each player. Parents/guardians who are interested and would like to register their child to be a part of the Guyana Darts Association will also have free registration, compliments of the Association.While snacks and drinks will be provided for all youth players, the children placing first, second and third will receive trophy prizes.Parents are asked to bring out their children to participate in this event as the GDA aspires to capture the next Americas and Caribbean Cup Championship Youth Tournament, which will be held in Jamaica 2020.Sponsorship has been provided by Dr Terence Joseph, Vernon Persaud, Sudesh Fitzgerald, Sheik Vaseen, Brian Valz, Melisa Smartt, Sherwyn Greene and Troy of Malteenoes Sports Complex.last_img read more

Read more →