MBBS seats in TS AP students make most of national pool

first_imgHyderabad: Students from Andhra Pradesh are constituting a majority in MBBS admissions in Telangana under the national pool. While the neighbouring Telugu State’s students are found to be more than 50 per cent, students from other States like Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Bihar, Rajasthan etc. are filling up the remainder of the seats. It may be mentioned here that Telangana joined the national pool from the last academic year and accordingly 15 per cent of seats in nine government medical colleges (nearly 220 seats) are allocated for it while Telangana native students vie for the rest of the 85 per cent seats. Also Read – Hyderabad: Intermediate student dies of cardiac arrest in class Advertise With Us This provision (85 per cent State quota+ 15 per cent national pool) is being implemented in all States by the MCI following NEET UG coming into effect. Students from Andhra Pradesh are showing preference to medical study in Telangana if they are not in a position to get into a government medical college in their own State. Telangana JUDA chairman Dr P S Vijayender said that some of the colleges in Telangana are in the prestigious colleges’ list in both Telugu States and hence it is no surprise if AP students are keen on enrolling here. Also Read – Vemulawada school seized after road accident Advertise With Us Also, pursuing MBBS in Telangana college means there would be no language barriers at all, which is also one of the factors, he felt. Dr B Narahari, Associate Professor (Paediatrics), Niloufer hospital said that language is an important factor as students have to communicate with patients during their study. Hence it can be understood if AP students are keen on joining colleges in Telangana and the other factor it is the nearest State to pursue study then joining a college in far-off Northern States, he said. Advertise With Us Osmania medical college, Gandhi medical college and Kakatiya medical college (Warangal) are the reputed and oldest colleges in the State and obviously would rank high among preferences but other government colleges in Mahbubnagar, Siddipet, Nizamabad, Nalgonda and Suryapet etc. are also not far behind. According to Kaloji Health University officials, students from far-off States were also opting for seats in government medical colleges located in Telangana districts. “Students from Telugu States might prefer the Osmania and Gandhi colleges the most, but students from North are not shying away from joining in the new colleges, most of which have been established after the formation of Telangana,” an official said.last_img

Post Your Comment Here

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *